Rams and Cory's??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeBob

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, sad and excited, my African Featherfin has finally gotten large and aggressive enough some of my smaller tetras have started disappearing and it no longer gets along with my 2 GBR so he's moving to a better place. So now I need some bottom feeder types that are non-aggressive and can co-exist in my 55gal with 6 red flame tetras, 8 black neons, 1 opaline gourami (very peaceful), and the 2 GBR. The tank conditions seem good to me for them and almost everything I have will be from south america, but I'm concerned the rams may get competetive with them. I have several caves and moderately planted with live plants, pH +/- 6.9, 82 farenheit soft water. Any opinions would be appreciated and sorry for the book! :thanks:

JoeBob said:
OK, sad and excited, my African Featherfin has finally gotten large and aggressive enough some of my smaller tetras have started disappearing and it no longer gets along with my 2 GBR so he's moving to a better place. So now I need some bottom feeder types that are non-aggressive and can co-exist in my 55gal with 6 red flame tetras, 8 black neons, 1 opaline gourami (very peaceful), and the 2 GBR. The tank conditions seem good to me for them and almost everything I have will be from south america, but I'm concerned the rams may get competetive with them. I have several caves and moderately planted with live plants, pH +/- 6.9, 82 farenheit soft water. Any opinions would be appreciated and sorry for the book! :thanks:

I think the rams would be fine with some cories!

Sorry about your featherfin! I have one, and i know someday ill have to someday rehome too. How big was yours when you bought him, and how long did you have him before you had to give him up? Im just trying to see how much time i have left with my little guy :'(

I think the rams would be fine with some cories!

Sorry about your featherfin! I have one, and i know someday ill have to someday rehome too. How big was yours when you bought him, and how long did you have him before you had to give him up? Im just trying to see how much time i have left with my little guy :'(

Thanks, I bought mine pretty large, about 5" and had him for about 10-12 months and I'd guess its close to 7" now. I think it's more that it's the biggest fish in the tank and its fully mature acting. used to be kind of shy but not anymore! He's going from my 55gal to my bro's 75 so he should do well as he only has one small pleco there now and plenty of hiding places. Enjoy yours! theyre really cool :thanks:

JoeBob said:
Thanks, I bought mine pretty large, about 5" and had him for about 10-12 months and I'd guess its close to 7" now. I think it's more that it's the biggest fish in the tank and its fully mature acting. used to be kind of shy but not anymore! He's going from my 55gal to my bro's 75 so he should do well as he only has one small pleco there now and plenty of hiding places. Enjoy yours! theyre really cool :thanks:

Oh, ya i bought mine at 3 a couple months ago, its probably 4" now... I agree, they are very shy at first but then they roam the tank once theyr secure enough! Im going to be sad once i have to give mine away, whichll be pretty soon considering i have a 40 g

Back
Top Bottom