Rams first??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am getting some bolivian rams, but I my Petsmart (not half bad, actually! Lady was pretty knowledgeable) for my 45 gal (just cycled, got 5 pep cories)... I am planning on 5 rams, then sell the 3 that don't pair off. So should I add my rams FIRST like lady said, or last?

The usual rule of thumb is to add fish in order of aggression levels. Start off with your super timid fish, let them settle for a week, then add the boisterous yet peaceful fish, then the semi-aggressive ones, then the territorial ones. Rams tend to be on the territorial side, so they would be added near the end.

The usual rule of thumb is to add fish in order of aggression levels. Start off with your super timid fish, let them settle for a week, then add the boisterous yet peaceful fish, then the semi-aggressive ones, then the territorial ones. Rams tend to be on the territorial side, so they would be added near the end.

K, that's good. Added my pep cories, gonna add my rummies this weekend. Battling disease, fungus, and ich in my other tank... Few fry deaths already x(

Back
Top Bottom