Rams in a 26 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many Rams could work in a 26 bow front? typically two of each species (male and female)

-GBR
-Bolivian
-Gold

This is just a question out of curiosity.

I would say a single species in a 26 bowfront. If they e only fish in there, I'd say 2 pairs of a single species and that may even be pushing it. Or you could do a pair one species and some small schooling fish.

I would say a single species in a 26 bowfront. If they e only fish in there, I'd say 2 pairs of a single species and that may even be pushing it. Or you could do a pair one species and some small schooling fish.

I actually have my rams in a 26 bow front with other schooling fish and they love it. Rams love to be with other community fish, when they see that they're comfortable they become more comfortable themselves.

This post is just a question out of curiosity, I do not plan on doing it.

Oh ok :) I'm just speaking from my experiences because my tank is 10 gallons less and he is extremely aggressive towards everything. I guess with more space you have more options stocking wise.

Is your tank heavily planted or have a lot of cover? What's your tank situated like? Pictures?

I have a pretty heavily planted tank, lots of cover for the fish. Sorry, don't have a camera and don't know how to post pics. Why a asking? :)

only one pair unless you have a lot of room 26 does not give you that. maybe a few females initially until the male finds a pair.the problem is not in the normal day today but once they mate they will be vicious towards anything else.also keep in mind that Rams are very sensitive to changes in water you must treat changed water and it must be exactly the same temperature before it goes in the tank. and absolutely no shrimp or snails. Tried gbrs for a little over a year in a very heavily planted 29 and find them difficult to keep long term.

only one pair unless you have a lot of room 26 does not give you that. maybe a few females initially until the male finds a pair.the problem is not in the normal day today but once they mate they will be vicious towards anything else.also keep in mind that Rams are very sensitive to changes in water you must treat changed water and it must be exactly the same temperature before it goes in the tank. and absolutely no shrimp or snails. Tried gbrs for a little over a year in a very heavily planted 29 and find them difficult to keep long term.

Yup. I've been very successful with GBR *knock on wood*

Back
Top Bottom