Rams in a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If i were to start a heavily planted medium light tank with nothing but a pair of rams and red cherry shrimp, with mostly anubias, java fern, and java moss possibly moneywort. What are the chances that if the rams happen to breed ANY of the fry would survive to adulthood?

I'd say your chances would be good if your water parameters are spot on, and the water is kept on the warm side. Might try Bolivian Rams first. A much tougher fish than the German Blue Rams.

I'd say your chances would be good if your water parameters are spot on, and the water is kept on the warm side. Might try Bolivian Rams first. A much tougher fish than the German Blue Rams.
I would not be intentionally breeding them, i was actually going to try and focus on rcs, but i was just curious if i bought a breeding pair what the chances of any babies surviving with 0 intervention from myself

I would not be intentionally breeding them, i was actually going to try and focus on rcs, but i was just curious if i bought a breeding pair what the chances of any babies surviving with 0 intervention from myself

If you are focusing on RCS or any dwarf shrimp, then I would do a shrimp only tank. Snails and otocinclus are fine. Some nano fish may be acceptable though most will eat baby shrimp.
Amano shrimp would be a better choice.

If you are focusing on RCS or any dwarf shrimp, then I would do a shrimp only tank. Snails and otocinclus are fine. Some nano fish may be acceptable though most will eat baby shrimp.
Amano shrimp would be a better choice.
"Focusing" might not be the best word, i plan to have it very heavily planted, primarily with java moss. If i lose several or even most shrimplets that's alright i just want the population to gradually increase

Back
Top Bottom