Rams + Mollies + Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

endlesstropical

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,
I am looking into adding a pair of blue rams and/or a pair of German rams to my relatively new 55 gallon tank. Heavily planted, lots of hiding spots. I have a few questions though.
1. Can rams, mollies, black veil angelfish, and a hi fin pleco live in peace or with little problems?
2. I have 2 very outgoing dalmatian mollies that are very young. Not quite adults but not quite fry. Would angels potentially go after them?
3. Congo puffer/figure 8 puffer/green spotted puffer. I know they have issues with others fish, but is it possible in large tanks? Yay or nay?
Thanks for any help everyone! :fish2::thanks:

Rams and Mollies will be tough because they need such different water conditions. GBR's really need soft acidic water to thrive. Bolivian Rams might be a better choice with mollies.

Most angels that would buy at the store are pretty small. I don't think they should be large enough to eat your mollies. As long as they won't fit in the angels mouth you should be fine. Since the growth rate of the mollies is substantially faster than that of the angels they should be too big to be eaten by the time the angels reach that size. I would be more worried about the mollies harassing the angels but honestly I haven't kept mollies in many years so I am not sure what they are like.

To answer #3 the puffer should be kept in a species only tank. But some people just get lucky and it works out. In my opinion that's a big nay.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom