Random fish death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
My pearl gourami that I purchased maybe 2 weeks ago just randomly died, I'm guessing it was stress. He was pretty skittish, barely even breathed from the surface which was even weirder. He used to stay all the way at the top half the time then I'd look again and he'd be hiding under driftwood or a rock decor. Kinda weird considering he was so big lol. But he just was really skittish and shy. My mom said he looked pretty skinny which I can't argue with but he would eat every now and then if he actually realized that I threw some food right in front of him. Idk, I did just put some new lights on the tank which were brighter than the last and he freaked out when I did so. But he died before the lights came on today. Didn't look injured and I did see him this morning sleeping at the top, didn't suspect anything. R.I.P

What's his tank mates?tank size? Water parameters?

I'd test the water as a precaution so you don't lose another fish.

Caleb

What's his tank mates?tank size? Water parameters?

I'd test the water as a precaution so you don't lose another fish.

Caleb

2 Bolivian rams, Albino bristlenose Pleco, 1 red eye tetra(I know they need to be in schools, he hid when I took out his mates) 26 gallon,
Water parameters:
20-40
Currently doing 50% water change

Back
Top Bottom