rare fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh right, I might just get super red oscar and a lemon oscar on their own maybe with a pleco if they get to big my local fish shop byes fish back :)

Oh right, I might just get super red oscar and a lemon oscar on their own maybe with a pleco if they get to big my local fish shop byes fish back :)

No shop buys them back they may give you a store credit but a very very low amount back

2 oscars will probably fight like crazy

I have never Hurd them called lemon Oscar before albino Oscar yes

Oscars are super messy fish what ever filtration you think will be enough double it

Think my local shop pay half price if u want them to take it off ya, Lemon oscar looks like a super red oscar but yellow albino oscar is white

Say 4 peacock bass will be a good fish

Great colour and you will pay about £25 each they grow fast and a 10-12" peacock bass is worth £150-175

It's all about buying fish cheap and small and them making you money if you ever sell them that's how we move on in the hobby

Uaru are also a stunning fish that stay smallish and look great in a shoal of 4-6

Hujeta gar or freshwater barracuda would work fine. They max out at about 6-8" depending. They eat mostly live I trained mine to pellets though.

image-3355394929.jpg

I thought the title of the thread was rare fish

Oscar of any kind are not rare they are very easy to find nearly every shop around the world has them

Yes I know their very common my original plan was to get 2 oscars unless I could find a rare fish that I liked, people have come up with some ideas but all are not for me I was looking for something that gets around oscar size is colourful and has no teeth

Very nice fish a red terror I was looking at one of them ment to be super aggressive, think they nearly get to 14" don't they is a 6' big enough for that size fish

A 6' tank is plenty big. They are highly aggressive would do best alone. If you truly want a rare fish, 99% of the time they need to be housed alone for one reason or another

I heard they sometimes go for your hand whilst cleaning the tank do you know if thus is true

A 6' tank is plenty big. They are highly aggressive would do best alone. If you truly want a rare fish, 99% of the time they need to be housed alone for one reason or another

That's not exactly true every fish in my tank is rare and not housed alone

The best bit about a mixed pred comm is getting the right mix

I have had an Oscar before and the are baby dolls! Huge personality. I called mine Kissy. he would see me coming and head straight to the top and what I called kiss my fingers and then let me pet him. He took hot dogs right out of my hand! Yes I know that isn't the right food for them but I was 18 and I have in the last 18 years grown up and stopped feeding my fish strange things just to see if they will eat it.

Thats what I wad looking for big and friendly fish like Oscars big and soppy:)

If I do end up getting an oscar ive got a hap called hap electra whos getting big he must be 7 or even 8 inches now think he will live with a oscar

If you do get oscars what filtration will you use

Have you got any pictures of the 6x2x2 tank setup I take it it is a 6x2x2

Back
Top Bottom