Rare fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not sure if this is rare or not but does anyone know much about frontosa(s). there is one at the LPS that has been intriguing me for months....the guy is asking $75 for him...is this ridiculous. i keep thinkin that someday i will break down and buy it...it looks hilarious.

How big are the frontosa(s) at your LFS? $75.00 is too much for juvi. frontosa but for larger fish I could see it.
btw. the frontosa is a lake Tanganika native.. they need alot of space (they get BIG) and would do best with very hard water.

Wow....a foot long? $75 is about right for the price then. He's probably fully grown, but would still have the potential to grow a few more inches. 55 gallon would be too small....especially if you had more then just that one fish in the tank. I would recommend 120 gal min. for a fish that size.

Not likely well in a 90...perhaps 2 in a 100....a friend of mine has a small group of six (of some rare colour and locale) in a 285 gallon aquarium and they are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom