Rasbora Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added a bubble wand not so long ago and noticed the rasboras love playing in the bubbles themselves. I think maybe one of my rasboras may have hit itself on something in the tank. There is almost like a hanging piece of skin sort of looking thing, i tried to catch it but they are too fast for me. Now mind you this could be rasbora poo and i just dont realize it, but it looks more clear/translucent to me. Nothing is aggressive in the tank so i doubt its being attacked. I took a photo but im not sure if anyone can make what im seeing from it. It is still very active, swimming through the bubbles and eating, should i be concerned/what should i do? I dont have another tank and there is no way in hell the other half would allow me another one :D

-Pleco

Edit: whatever it was isnt there anymore, its active and swimming all around so maybe there isnt anything to worry about..

not sure that i can help you, but that is a really pretty rasbora. Is that a harlie? such amazing red color

What kind of rasbora is it? I'm thinking of getting some!

It's hard to tell from the picture - a white or clear thread hanging from the fish could be poop. Sometimes the waste is whitish or clear if the fish is infected with a parasite. I don't want to worry you - just watch closely for a few days. If he is active, the chance of parasites is not as great. Fish are usually listless, or have a sunken look, if they have parasites. Your fish doesn't look sunken or skinny, so maybe the white piece you saw was just from a minor wound.

It is a Hengeli Rasbora. They may be sold as "lambchop" rasboras too. I love their colouration. It seems active so im not too worried, i need a better macro lens for my Digital SLR though :D

-Pleco

Edit: here is a pic of my 40 Tall with the new bubble wand :D

I've got a rasbora with some kind of problem with his right pectoral fin. It looks like a white bump where the fin meets his body. Maybe another fish nipped at him and ripped the fin out a little?

He can move the fin, but he doesn't use it as much as the other one. The bump could also be described as cottony. I'm not sure if this is fin damage or fungus.

08-30-06_1319.jpg

08-30-06_1318.jpg

Back
Top Bottom