Rcs question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So mine are hiding I hope lol will they come out at night to eat and clean

xfactor6699 said:
About 8 hours

Oh wow really new. It will take time, they are very shy creatures. This is why lush cover should be in the tank. It took about a day or two for my ghosts and amanos to venture out.

So their hiding mostly because their new and not the fish or both

Bleeding hearts
Guppies
Har. Rasborias
Peppered corys
Neons
Dwarf gourami
Farlowella cats
Flying foxes

xfactor6699 said:
Bleeding hearts
Guppies
Har. Rasborias
Peppered corys
Neons
Dwarf gourami
Farlowella cats
Flying foxes

Sorry for the late reply. I think the gourami might be an issue, I think they are food for them.

GoneFishing said:
Sorry for the late reply. I think the gourami might be an issue, I think they are food for them.

He's a dwarf and the shrimp are fairly big...atleast bigger than his mouth

Once my rcs colony takes off how many can I keep and will I see them more

They'll still pick at them... I had kerri tetras trying to eat mine. When I first got mine, they instantly hid. I didn't see them for a couple weeks. Then they started coming out. Once one felt comfortable, they all did. My male apisto ate them all though

mfdrookie516 said:
They'll still pick at them... I had kerri tetras trying to eat mine. When I first got mine, they instantly hid. I didn't see them for a couple weeks. Then they started coming out. Once one felt comfortable, they all did. My male apisto ate them all though

I have 8 in a 55g with a lot of places to hide there are 2 that wonder around and no one seems to bother them they get close but then become uninterested and swim off I'm just wondering how many I can have in my tank

I see my RCS mostly at feeding time. I drop in a sinking food and come back 20 minutes later to watch them cluster around and eat. I keep a shrimp and snails only tank, so no-one steals their food or eats their young. I currently have 12 in a 2.5 gallon, the below pic was taken in my 75 gallon before I took that down.
75Gal20080605Shrimp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom