Re orange posso snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ttharo69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi has anyone heard of these snails, I have just got one for my brackish tank and would like to know more about them, thanks. Will post a picture

ttharo69 said:
Hi has anyone heard of these snails, I have just got one for my brackish tank and would like to know more about them, thanks. Will post a picture

Hi this is my new crab, can anyone help identify him is he a red emerald ??

Attachments

• image-853961550.jpg
    image-853961550.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 69
ttharo69 said:

This is a picture of this very fascinating snail, acting a bit shy though.

Attachments

• image-434120461.jpg
    image-434120461.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 79
toddnbecka said:
Poso snails aren't brackish, they're FW, same as other species of rabbit snails.

Thanks I was told that this snail would be ok in brackish, so hope he will survive, he seems ok. I do have a tropical tank with cichlids in, do u think I should move him, or wait and see if can survive ?

I keep and breed rabbit snails (Tylomelania) and although I have never tried keeping them in brackish water, I would imagine that it wouldn't be good for their long term health. They are freshwater snails.

Back
Top Bottom