Re Scaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

checkvalve

Aquarium Advice Regular
Last night my wife an I did a make-over on the tank. I still don't like it. I know it needs a darker substrate and a background (not the paper tape-ons), other than that does anyone have any suggestions or ideas they could offer. Any and all are welcome. :D

maybe if you could TRY to put all the cords together, and then get a tall plant to hide it if you don't get a background. That's what I did with mine and you don't even see the cords!

That looks really great! The only thing I would do is maybe add a few more tall plants in the back. But really, you guys did a nice job.

I think it looks nice. I would sugest a black or dark blue backgound. Makes the cords etc. stand out less.

i think it looks good.

i wish i would have been on here before i did my tank so i could have saw some of the photos. I want to re-do my setup already. might be a weekend project for me.

Thank you all for the input. Later this evening I'm going to be replacing the factory Fluval hose with clear hose to help it blend in a bit. I needed to lenghten the Python (we moved the tank and now it doesn't reach). So I got 29ft. of 1/2" ID vynal hose for $.32 a foot.
As far as painting the background goes, this is what I hoping is right: Clean glass with alcohol? use low fume, water resistant Acrylic ? What kind? flat, semi-gloss? Would textured be ok to use?

checkvalve said:
As far as painting the background goes, this is what I hoping is right: Clean glass with alcohol? use low fume, water resistant Acrylic ? What kind? flat, semi-gloss? Would textured be ok to use?

I agree with everyone thus far. I would paint it flat black or semi-gloss (I doubt you will tell the difference), and group your cords together. Then put in either a large annubias show plant or maybe an amazon sword to hide them. Once that is done, it will look like a totally new tank. Changing the substrate is too big of a PITA if ya ask me... but definately doable. But going darker doesnt need to happen, as it will look darker with a couple more tall plants + black background instead of a reflecting white background ;)
Textured would be ok, but you most likely would not notice.

Back
Top Bottom