Rebuilding fishroom... follow our progress here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes makes total sense, can't wait for the big auction. I missed the last meeting :(

Yep, I thought I hadn't seen you there. It was a really good talk about planted tanks, and we came home with some REALLY nice fish... trio Apisto cacatuoides super red, Neolamprologus caudopunctatus, Cyprichromis leptosoma blue flash (those went into our living room 120, not the fishroom), and some insanely cool killifish, A. bivittatum Funge. Not my pic, but this is what they look like: http://www.sekweb.org/images/diapos_portada/Cbivittatum_Funge-1.jpg

It's hard not to totally blow your budget in the first hour of the auction... LOL... careful! ;)

Omg wish I stayed.... Been saving about 50% of my paychecks for the auction since last September and have a couple grand ready. Do they brake the auction into different "categories of fish" (like do all Malawi cichlids at once) do they do the silent auction before the non silent or after?

No, it's mixed up throughout the day. As this is going a little off topic here, feel free to PM me if you want to know more about how the auction works. :)

Enclosing the pump in sound foam definitely wouldn't be good for it. i was just thinking some sound proofing foam on the wall behind it and a panel in front of it would greatly reduce the sound travel and make it a bit more enjoyable to be in there.

Really cool looking Killi. I always liked them but i thought they didnt live long.

When do we see more pics? :)

I tried not to follow this but it's just to cool . Can't wait to see more you guys take fish keeping to the extreme .

that's a sweet setup you guys have there. insanely jealous. i'm going to be moving my 30g from the basement up in the bedroom soon. it will give me a measly 3 tank "fish room".

I haven't done any photo updates in a long time and I'm pretty sure someone asked, so here ya go... ignore the mess, we are in the process of going through our boxes of equipment to take a bunch of stuff to an auction at the end of the month.

New 55s, 40 BRs, 20s and 10s
20140316_155903.jpg

Same tanks on the left, more 55s, 10s, and 20s on the right. There is a utility sink behind the 20s on the right side.
20140316_155952.jpg

20s, 10s, a 75, 2 more 55s
20140316_160029.jpg

Our DAS systems, I still don't have the top left tank running. I have to get the bulkhead off and replace it. Each tank is roughly 75 gallons. The trash can is left over from my saltwater mixing days, and is now used for mixing water for our Rift Lake cichlid fry. I use Malawi/Victoria buffer from Seachem. A Mag 7 keeps it well-circulated. :p
20140316_160046.jpg

I have run out of 10 gallon tanks (seriously) and I'm now raising Otopharynx and Protomelas fry in these buckets. I will have another batch of Protomelas coming out of an egg tumbler in a matter of days, so I need to figure something out for those... might be another bucket, lol.
20140316_160210.jpg

And this is our first batch of Otopharynx, they hatched 2 months ago.
20140316_160317.jpg

We are planning another rack for 12-15 more 10 gallon tanks before too long. We'll have to close off the end of the row between the 40 breeders and the 55s across the way from those.

Wow 0_0 So...many...tanks! I'm jealous. I've only got 5 right now that aren't quarantine or tanks with just snails and plants and algae. 3 are in one room, not including the quarantine and snail/plant tank. Although I can't call it a fish room because it's my bedroom...hmm...pullout couch maybe?

sweeet tanks!, got any freshwater plants or snails for sale??

Nope, no plants right now really. I don't have lights over a lot of the tanks so I don't have as many plants as I used to. Still trying to figure out some stuff with lighting to improve the situation.

As for snails, I have plenty of MTS and ivory mystery snails.

Since it's a big fish room, why don't you go with the 4 ft 2 bulb t8s from Lowes or home depot? Fairly cheap and they work very well, its the shop lights.

Since it's a big fish room, why don't you go with the 4 ft 2 bulb t8s from Lowes or home depot? Fairly cheap and they work very well, its the shop lights.

I've used shop lights before. We don't really have a way to mount them at this time.

Back
Top Bottom