rebuilding my 20g long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1394209_0_9ff9079b508d260db43575cd18d0f45e.jpg

here is an updated FTS

update on the tank -

I moved my bn pleco up because my Oscar is getting bigger and more aggressive, he's about four inches long

I started with three bolbitus and now I have a ton!! I would say I have about 15 stems after three months or so

I bought three more lucens as well, they should be coming in soon

I also bought six orange Von rio tetras, they have been in the tank for a total of a week and doing great

one of my Otos died, so I am down to 6 now

right now, the only swords i have are ozelot and chain swords

the ozelot is getting root tabs
the micro swords are just sucking up nutrients everywhere, they dont need root tabs

i do two water changes a week so the ferts i use are:

potassium - once a week
nitrogen - once a week
iron - once a week
phosphorus - once a week
excel ( for extra carbon dioxide )
comprehensive ( a little bit of everything ) - on first water change, once a week

I am dying!! I would love to have your tank for my cockatoo apistos!! I think technically it is too small for them...but I love it so much! Awesome job

Nevermind, I just found somewhere that says 20 gallons is okay...so I want your tank!! Gimme, gimme, gimme!!! Lol...

haha thanks, actually apistos were my first choice, but I couldn't pass up sparkling gouramis, they are absolutely beautiful, my next project which is my 30g breeder will feature apistos =]

maxima423 said:
haha thanks, actually apistos were my first choice, but I couldn't pass up sparkling gouramis, they are absolutely beautiful, my next project which is my 30g breeder will feature apistos =]

I'm gonna say this to you (only cuz I say this to everyone now)...cockatoo apisto!! I have a mated pair and they are just the most wonderful little fish...I can not stop singing their praises...they have such personality, and they are so darn cute! You've probably seen me talk about them on another thread...and I agree your little sparklers are beautiful!

they were my first choice but I went with sparkling gouramis ^_^
rich311k said:
Very nice tank, it is just made for apistos or rams.

depends, what kind of lighting are you planning?

low light can live off of fish feces whereas higher lighting needs supplemental nutrients
picture_117 said:
thanks! I've been trying to start plants in my tank & I wasn't sure on what they need for nutrients.

thanks
Coleallensmom said:
Very nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom