Recomned some fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has finished its fishles cycle now I'm thinking what fish to add.

Can anyone one recommend some fish which like a good current and lots of oxygen in a fish tank.
Also they need to get along with a weather loach and 2 keyhole cichlids.
Sorry for it being a little brief im I'm the middle of doing a water change lol

The tank measurements are:
53 inches, 13 inches, 14 inches
Or
134cm, 33cm, 34cm

Water volume is:
189L
50 us gallons
41 imperial gallons

Okay, im not sure on the current stock so I'll just suggest some fish:
Keyhole cichlids
1 weather loach
8 sterabi Cories
10 glow light tetras
8 cherry barbs
4 platies .

I like them but they won't really match the biotop I'm hoping to set up.
I'm going for a river/stream set up

If not would the keyholes and weather loach get along with dannios? ( I know they won't match the biotope but I like them because they are fast moving.)

Cardinal tetras are active. Or rainbow fish are very colourful and active. Look them up! They are so bright and lively . K

Iv heard I can mix cardinal tetras with a weather loach because the loach would eat them.
Rainbow fish iv heard of them they look nice I'll take a look thanks

The weather loach is going to like faster moving water and cooler temps than the keyholes. I wouldn't keep them together but that is JMO.

severum mama said:
The weather loach is going to like faster moving water and cooler temps than the keyholes. I wouldn't keep them together but that is JMO.

I agree but what iv been told says it's okay.
I was told I can't because there is less oxygen in a warm tank but iv got loads, I mean loads of oxygen in the tank and the weather loach is in a tiny 30L tank with 3 goldfish so I juts want to get the loach out of there.

Banana mouse said:
I agree but what iv been told says it's okay.
I was told I can't because there is less oxygen in a warm tank but iv got loads, I mean loads of oxygen in the tank and the weather loach is in a tiny 30L tank with 3 goldfish so I juts want to get the loach out of there.

Btw it it isn't a strong current is medium current

Sounds to me like you should move the goldfish and the weather loach into the larger tank and call it stocked. ;)

severum mama said:
Sounds to me like you should move the goldfish and the weather loach into the larger tank and call it stocked. ;)

I should but it's my mums fish in the 30L and iv spend loads and loads of money on the 189L
And iv promised my gf she can choose a keyhole fish

Hmm I might leave the cichlids I personally don't think there is enough hiding places in my tank for them.

Can you recommend a fish that comes in pairs and will enjoy a current and not many hiding places?

Banana mouse said:
Hmm I might leave the cichlids I personally don't think there is enough hiding places in my tank for them.

Can you recommend a fish that comes in pairs and will enjoy a current and not many hiding places?

German blue rams? Angelfish?

Just wondering I know I should make my tank right for my fish but if I have good filtration, water conditions and a stress free environment would I be able to have the cichlids in there? Even tho there is a current and not any places to hide?

My stock list at the moment is pretty much:
1 fully grown weather loach
2 keyhole cichlids
7 pearl danios- maybe

Pckerfreak44 said:
Could you make any hiding places?

Ill upload a picture of the tank tomorrow so you have more of an understanding of what I'm trying to explain.
It's not that there is no hiding places it's just there not really any good, I might add some more slate just to make a cave for them

Back
Top Bottom