Red belly piranha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CNew66

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wanted to post a few pics of my red belly's. Any questions? Ask.

Attachments

• 1409549329044.jpg
    1409549329044.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 1409549372952.jpg
    1409549372952.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 121
they usually do better with a larger school , but they look healthy , some more plants might keep the calmer

Nice looking fish always been fascinated by these fish. Can you keep other fish with them? The closest thing we will get to them in aus is silver dollars

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice looking fish always been fascinated by these fish. Can you keep other fish with them? The closest thing we will get to them in aus is silver dollars

I'm from aus too I've seen a few mates with piranhas. I assume they ordered them though.

Sure there piranhas? Im pretty sire there illegal here

Yeah red bellies. They use to fascinate me whenever I was over. Maybe they are I'm not sure. This is in nsw.

The tank size is 125 gallons. I feed them hikari carnivore pellets daily. ,12 medium size feeder goldfish once every 2 weeks. I started with 8 of them but 3 were eaten. 5 total. Got them when they were about an inch long. Bought them at my LFS.

Sent from my C6730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

100% sure they are piranha. They are legal in ohio. Considered to to be exotic.

Sorry cnew I know yours are piranha I was talking about the other guys friend

I have my hands in the tank a couple times a week. Cleaning, and other maintenance things. They always move to the other side of the tank and stay away. Not once have they showed any aggression towards me.

Are they ever aghressive towards you

Piranhas are surprisingly big wimps when it comes right down to things unless there's blood involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Piranhas are surprisingly big wimps when it comes right down to things unless there's blood involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, they are. If its not smaller than they are, they hide.

Back
Top Bottom