Red Cherry Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey daisy chaining that one gallon to a larger tank by building a small DIY overflow from the one gallon to that larger tank Amd a power read returning water to 1 gallon will cover both heat and filter and stabilize the small tank be making it part of a larger system.

joejeff said:
Hey daisy chaining that one gallon to a larger tank by building a small DIY overflow from the one gallon to that larger tank Amd a power read returning water to 1 gallon will cover both heat and filter and stabilize the small tank be making it part of a larger system.

They're in a five gallon right now

Dropping eggs is a sign of stress, but also could be that the shrimp is just young. Either way, the eggs hatch while still attached to the shrimp, so those aren't viable. (I don't see anything in the pic)

jetajockey said:
Dropping eggs is a sign of stress, but also could be that the shrimp is just young. Either way, the eggs hatch while still attached to the shrimp, so those aren't viable. (I don't see anything in the pic)

The eggs are in the bottom area... She still has some inside her, so I am hoping that they make it.

Here's the eggs she dropped. I'll try to get a picture of the eggs she still has later.

On your filter do you have the intake tube covered with filter floss or something because sometimes shrimp might get sucked up into the filter

Lunchbox209 said:
On your filter do you have the intake tube covered with filter floss or something because sometimes shrimp might get sucked up into the filter

No, but the flow is set to 50 GPH to hopefully prevent that.

I haven't replied in a while, so I thought I'd update. The RCS are in my 10g. One of the males disappeared a while ago, so now I have two females and one male. The female that was berried still is, and looks like she'll give birth soon. The other one looks pretty healthy. I am really hoping that they breed. I will try to get some more pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking in the tank today and noticed that she no longer has yellow eggs inside of her... so I looked around and so some baby shrimp! :) I only saw two or three, but there's probably more!

I just put a HOB filter on their little one gallon. It has a flow rate of 90 GPH. I stuffed a sponge up the intake so it is a lot slower. It is a perfect amount of flow for that tank (IMO). There's a nice current but it's not strong enough to make a shrimp fly around. LOL. Hopefully they will breed more now. Both of the females are berries again, one with a yellow saddle and the other with green eggs in her tummy.

Back
Top Bottom