Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yuchen375

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 10 shrimp in a 5G tank. They kept on dying and i have no idea why :( i tested the water and it is normal. can anyone give some sort of advice for me?

THANK YALL

I have 10 shrimp in a 5G tank. They kept on dying and i have no idea why :( i tested the water and it is normal. can anyone give some sort of advice for me?

THANK YALL

1 How long has the tank been established AFTER cycling ?
2 How did you acclimate them ?
3 Did you match parameters ?
4 What kind of shrimp ?
5 What is "normal" water ?
6 What are you testing with ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

1.the tank was establishment almost 1 and a half week before putting in the shrimps
2.And its a Fluval Chi 5g so like
Fluval Chi Aquarium Kit | Aquariums | PetSmart
3.i dont htink i know the parameters :(
4. They are Red Cherry Shrimps
5. the pH in within the range for the shrimps to live
6. pH testing stripes

THANK YOU!

My experience with RCS, and my two colonies are pretty big now, is that shrimp are harder to acclimatise to a tank if they are adults and secondly if the tank is new.
Losses are hard to determine now as the shrimps will devour a dead one within an hour or so. My Tetras also love the shrimpets, but they breed so prolifically the numbers keep rising.
My first few attempts to introduce them failed miserably. When the side and back glass had a good green fur and the plants had become established I had no problems.
This is only my theory but I think initially RCS like excellent clean water but an aged 'dirty' tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wait, did you cycle the tank? How do you know the water is normal without knowing the parameters? Testing strips are very inaccurate, you should invest in a liquid test kit.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom