Red cherry shrimp HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex55-20

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help I just ordered 30 red cherry shrimp from theshrimpfarm and so far I need liquid calcium, moss balls, broad leaf Anubis, and a java ferns. Any specific brands please.

Is your pH and hardness low in your water? Is that why you want liquid calcium? The plants don't really have brands--just look for healthy plants at your LFS. If you're looking for suggestions to order them online, I've heard good things about the quality of liveaquaria.com, but their shipping is more than I wanna pay when my LFS will order most anything I need. :)

I just put a cuttlefish bone in my tank and do not seem to have any other calcium needs. Hope this helps

Depends on your water readings. If you have 7+ pH and harder rather than softer water, it's not necessary. I have shrimp in 7.5, hard water, and they're just fine.

In my tank I had like the softest water possible so I added 1 cup of aragonite to the filter (am having to get a new bigger filter becuase of it squashing it and eliminating alot of the effects) and it worked gresat!

I just put a cuttlefish bone in my tank and do not seem to have any other calcium needs. Hope this helps

(y) ^^Best remedy I've experienced thus far.

I folded up a piece inside cardboard and pounded it to powder with a hammer, Made the powder into a paste and put it into tank. Kind of sped up the process where it's more readily ingestable. I still have a piece of whole Bone in there also that everyone likes to graze upon.

Drift wood helps also.

Here's the tank without the new stuff

Attachments

• image-2730183778.jpg
    image-2730183778.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2117132723.jpg
    image-2117132723.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-1092111583.jpg
    image-1092111583.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55