Red Dwarf Gourami going crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antimoine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I truly hope someone can help... I've got a red dwarf gourami that started to go back and forth 2 days ago and that never stops now. It is in a corner moving back and forth like crazy and stopped eating. It's the only fish doing it. PH is 7.2, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ish, I do pwc 25% every week or so and the population consists of neons, gouramis, rasboras and a algea eater. I lost another one just like that 1 month ago ..... No trace of ick or fungal desease no other symptom....

Does anyone have an idea of what is happening?

Thanks

Is it sorta flipping around like it has no sense of direction? If so, that usually indicates swim bladder problems and an internal bacterial infection. Unfortanelty, once a fish exhibits these symptoms, it's usually too late. I would get some Maracyn 2 from the store as soon as possible, tonight would be ideal. It is a gram negative antibiotic. Since you have been having problems, it sure wouldn't hurt to dose your tank. You can also feed medicated anti-bacterial food to the rest of your fish as a preventative measure.

HTH and Welcome to AA.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately you were right, after only a few hours in my quarantine tank it died without me having time to get medicine....

Thanks a lot, I'll wait a few days to see if the remaining are ok before getting a new one.

Sorry to hear that :( Don't feel bad, it was not your fault. By the time internal infections show any signs its usually too late. I would grab some medicated anti-bacterial food and feed it for the next 3 days or so, as a preventative measure.

Back
Top Bottom