Red eye and rummynose tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a school of red eyes and love the rummynose look. So would love to add a school of these to my 33g.

Has anyone kept red eye tetras with rummynose tetras? Just wondered if they would get along ok. I know red eyes are supposed to be nippy, but I haven't noticed this with mine at all - not to each other or other tank mates (platy and loaches).

I have 4 lamp eyes( red eyes) and 6 rummy's and have never had an issue in I'd say at least 5 months, Since I got my rummy noses. They will be fine if you have them in schools I think. Also since I've added my two blue rams, I haven't had any nipping issues. My rams keep the others in line lol. Rummy noses are also great tank indicators of problems. The redder the nose the better but still perform routine maintenance.

Thanks, I was hoping for some positive feedback :)

And good news on the rams as well. A pair are likely to be my long term addition. Either that or a guarami of some sort.

My red eyes are still quite young (<6 months), and not nippy at all. This may change as they get older. Although they are a shoal fish, they seem happy to go around in pairs.

I will introduce 6-8 rummy nose tetras in a few weeks (tank just finishing fish-in cycle) and see how they get on.

Back
Top Bottom