red honey and blue neon gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:n00b:

will these 2 fish do ok in the same tank (red honey and blue neon gourami 2 each) also thinking of putting 2 or 3 panda cory, 2 clown pleco,
, 5 tetra haven't decided yet, and 2 blue ram. tank size is 40 gallon so i have some room to play with

Hi zilla! Welcome to Aquarium Advice :wave:

I would personally start out with 1 of each and then add later if you would like. Both those species of gourami are I believe part of the dwarf gourami species and sometimes they can be more agressive. You should be fine with two gouramis in a 40 gallon. Make sure you have decorations and both planted and floating plants (real or fake) for them to establish territories.

by clown pleco I believe you mean clown loach - and they will get too big for your tank. Unless you will be upgrading your tank at a later date, I would look into other species of loaches and/or plecos.

Clown plecos CAN get to 4" but would still be fine in that tank. The gouramis should be fine if they have some hiding spots. Plants (live or fake), caves, large ornaments, large driftwood all help. Clown plecos will especially like the driftwood, they chew on it. :wink:

yes there will be live plants, some large rocks and one driftwood any other ideals on tetras

Look up some tetras and see which ones you really like. Most tetras, if not all would be fine in a 40 gal.

how are lemon tetra or crap cant rememeber the other one oh yeah bloodfin or rummynose tetras :lol:

Back
Top Bottom