Red minor tetras and von rio flame tetras food choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhilkyanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
So they only hang around the bottom and do come up for food, whether it's flakes or freeze dried bloodworms. The go after the shrimp pellets for my Cory cats... I even see most eat flakes and spit them out... Sometimes they do swallow but it's getting rare. Better feeding options?

I use New Life Spectrum Thera-A pellets. They are small round balls not like shrimp pellets. They help boost immune systems and color fish up. All my fish including all my tetras eat them. They also make a "small" fish size which I use with the Thera-A for my really small mouth fish. Also try frozen brine shrimp 1-2x a week, I use it as a treat.

Great thanks! Also, do these two tetras do well together? They chase occasionally but not extensively.

I haven't kept either of those tetra's in ages. Red minors are very nippy and best to keep them in a group of at least 6, I can't remember anything about the Von Rio's (that's good it means they weren't flagged on my radar). Most tetra's do fine together and I know the Von R's get bigger then Minor's so I see no issues if you have enough in each school.

Rivercats said:
I haven't kept either of those tetra's in ages. Red minors are very nippy and best to keep them in a group of at least 6, I can't remember anything about the Von Rio's (that's good it means they weren't flagged on my radar). Most tetra's do fine together and I know the Von R's get bigger then Minor's so I see no issues if you have enough in each school.

Alright great thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom