Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Red tail shark aggresive?

So i currently have about 20 fish in my 55 gallon tank and recently ive added 3 golden barbs to it and my Red tail shark just seems to hate them. It's like if he see's one of them then he will chase them from one end to the other then he will stop and do his own thing and another 20-30 min later he will do the same thing.

Do you think this will just go away since i just added the gold barbs or do you think this is going to be a problem

I have tetras, dwarf gourami's, corys and a loach in there but the RTS doesnt chase them at all..

Any advice would be helpful thanks.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

red tail sharks can become very aggressive once they mature and will generally terrorize most things in the tank during that time

he may also be attacking the barbs because they are a new addition to the tank and may seem like a threat to him/her

Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymp327 View Post
red tail sharks can become very aggressive once they mature and will generally terrorize most things in the tank during that time

he may also be attacking the barbs because they are a new addition to the tank and may seem like a threat to him/her
So do you think this will be a problem in the future? Do you think its not a good idea to have him in the tank anymore? He's still a little guy/girl. Do you think he will get use to the barbs being in there and leave them alone after awhile?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

could be, as long as the fish stay a similar size as him, since he will be reaching up to 4 inches. also provide lots of hiding spaces and i think you would be fine.

just dont add another RTS as they will probably kill each other

its hard to say what he will do since he is a semi-aggressive fish mixed with peaceful fish who may or may not be able to hold there own ground
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok thanks for the info! hopefully he doesnt stress them or any of my other fish out to much.. :/

Tags
aggresive, red, red tail, red tail shark, shark, tail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com