Red Tail Sharks & Oto's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rebel1970

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone put red tail sharks and oto's together? Is it possible or a BIG mistake? Any advice is highly appreciated. 75 & 55 planted tanks Thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone put red tail sharks and oto's together? Is it possible or a BIG mistake? Any advice is highly appreciated. 75 & 55 planted tanks Thanks

Can't really see it being an issue. Sharks really only despise anything their size and body type. As well as strikingly colorful fish. My shark constantly chased my sunset and fire red platties. He HATED my clown loaches. IME, you should be ok.

I don't know much about otos, but every red tail is different.

I've had people tell me that that are very aggressive, but the one I have doesn't bother anything. I had a rainbow shark with it at first, and it tortured it so I gave it away. There has been no problem with it, and I've had it about a year.

In such a large tank I wouldn't expect you'd have issues with those two species unless you've got an unusually territorial shark

Back
Top Bottom