Red tailed sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I wana get a red tailed shark for my tank i currently have 12 cardinal tetras 11rummy nose tetra 3 mollies a pleco and a betta in a 200l tank just wondering if its a good idea or not i was told that in the shop when they get older they get very territorial

I wana get a red tailed shark for my tank i currently have 12 cardinal tetras 11rummy nose tetra 3 mollies a pleco and a betta in a 200l tank just wondering if its a good idea or not i was told that in the shop when they get older they get very territorial

I don't see why not. If I'm not mistaken they are prone to be more territorial against their own kind.

Mine is pretty aggressive killed 2 small apistos and bullied mollies. Just be prepared in case you need to bring it back.

50g is usually the minimum recommended tank size for rts. You have a pleco is it a common? If so you adding another large fish may not be wise IMO.

200 liters i thought was around 50 gallons. Ill have to google

Max size about 4" so I figured it would be fine to add one. There's always the risk it would terrorize the pleco, but if I really wanted one I'd give it a shot.

Thanks reygan im going to give it a go i have a rather smaller spare tank if worse case ill be picking one up today ill let you know how it goes

Don't mix it with Tetra it will terrorise them. I had a rainbow the more timid version and I had to tetras away

Back
Top Bottom