red versus pink ramshorn snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystery

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone explain to me the difference between a red and pink ramshorn snail? I know they lack pigment so basically you see the color of the blood. But I ordered some red and pink and they looked the same to me : / Some do have a really small amount of color in the shell and some have a fully clear shell--is that the difference?

There is a little more to it than that given that ram shells and feet don't come in "pink". My best guess is both have red feet, but pinks have clear shells. That is based on having actually bought some.

There is a little more to it than that given that ram shells and feet don't come in "pink". My best guess is both have red feet, but pinks have clear shells. That is based on having actually bought some.
you are correct for what i have seen. someone gave me 2 pink ones they looked like the reds but with clear shells. the red ramshors the shell for mine are really red as small snails and get more brown as grown old adults.

Back
Top Bottom