Red Wolf Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw one of these guys for sale on some website and it really caught my interest. I may consider getting one of these guys at some point, but the information I have found is awful! The fish is called by different names and even then, people go back and forth whether they are the same, or different fish. I mean, no one fish can either be six or eighteen inches at full length. That's way too much of a jump! Anyway, if anyone ACTUALLY knows information on these fish, please share.

The "red" wolf fish is Erythrinus erythrinus and Erythrinus Sp.

They do not get to 18", most say 8" but 10" is more typical. Mine is currently 9.25" - 9.5".

The minimum tank size should be a 48x18 tank, the height does not really matter. They are pretty active, eat anything that will fit in their mouths and are fairly dominant.

In my research when I was searching for cichlids, I came upon the red wolf. Needs a minimum of 125 gallons an gets fairly aggressive so you should keep it with other aggressive cichlids too. Or maybe I have this mixed up with some other fish...

In my research when I was searching for cichlids, I came upon the red wolf. Needs a minimum of 125 gallons an gets fairly aggressive so you should keep it with other aggressive cichlids too. Or maybe I have this mixed up with some other fish...

The red wolf is not a cichlid, it's a Characin. Your probably thinking of either the Red Devil or Red Terror.

This is a picture of my Red Wolf..

img_1429578_0_87c5a8658617c0b12fdb21ef06c3bb36.jpg

The red wolf is not a cichlid, it's a Characin. Your probably thinking of either the Red Devil or Red Terror.

Your correct about the Red Wolfs but devils and terrors and certainly not the Wolf cichlid which is Parachromis Dovii and they reachup to 28".

Your correct about the Red Wolfs but devils and terrors and certainly not the Wolf cichlid which is Parachromis Dovii and they reachup to 28".

I was going off of the "red" part. I've kept dovii for years.. great fish.

Back
Top Bottom