redoing a 18 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evman333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i am re doing a 18 gallon tank want it to look real natural ahve any ideas for themes and fish types to add. any help would be appreciated:)

There's a few people that are trying southwest themes, I haven't seen any pics yet but they sound interesting. I definitely prefer the "natural" look... To make it look real natural I'd have at least a few plants in there(live of course), maybe some driftwood and rocks... I'd also look for a natural substrate, not that colored gravel. themes and fish... it's a little hard for me to comment on because my taste could be way different than yours... Have you had any ideas yet as to a theme or are there any fish that you are really interested in? I'm thinking some plants and driftwood, maybe some khuli loaches... hmmmmm...... there are just too many ideas in my head now... you could have a hawaian theme with some lava rock or something and "mount wannahackalugie", you could do a tropical ilsand theme with sand as a substrate and a coconut shell decoration... lots of options... sounds like fun... just make sure it's something you will enjoy...

What type of tank do you want in terms of fish? Community, species...? What's your water pH and hardness from the tap? What are the dimensions of your tank? What kind of fish are you currently keeping? Do you want more of the same types, or something different. It's so hard to tell others what to get. I know what I would get, but I don't know your preferences.

Millipede is right! Theme tanks are real cute..... and can still look natural. How a bout a sunken aztec city with small SA spoecies to swim around it?
Or fallen Atlantis with smaller salties (or salty look alikes)?
Or mangrove bog with those fake roots from petsmart (made fish safe by filling the mold and filing suspicious holes), let it become murky abnd blackwater and put colorful low ph stuff..or opposite brackish fish like mollies.
Sunken treasure ship with shark shaped fish including cleaner cats. Or tiger botia.! an 18 is going to keep you down to about 15-18 fish depending on sizes and tempermemnts. So run with the decor!

Back
Top Bottom