redsea's 20g Freshwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check out this funny photo of one of my Pandas! He is just casually sitting in the plants enjoying life! :-D I have also included a short video of part of the tank. Please excuse the algae, I am just letting it run its course so it will be gone quicker.

http://youtu.be/MjyAF1P8ZZE

Enjoy! :)

Here is that photo I was referring to.

Attachments

• image-3795779744.jpg
    image-3795779744.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 62
Hey Redsea, what substrate have you got. I know you probably mentioned already earlier but it's VERY late and i'm tired/lazy!!!

I am using Eco-Complete.

Don't worry about asking questions, I am happy to answer them! :)

Last edited:
Oops, I forgot to mention that I have black sand mixed in with the Eco-Complete.
Yeah i'm rescaping my 12g&15g very soon and plan on using some kind of black or very dark substrate. The 15g, medium planted, with low/medium light plants(not chosen yet). I plan on keeping guppies, possibly neons and RCS. I can't get eco-complete over here but will look for something similar.
The 10g, lightly planted, low, maybe medium light plants. Nothing special really, just gonna be a guppy fry grow out tank...
I want black sand but seems to be very hard to get, as is most things, over here. Is yours blasting sand. My LFS can get black, fairly fine, gravel. I'm not sure about it. It looks nice but will it work with plants. I plan on having a few cory's in each tank and I know they prefer the sand. There's no point in even looking on Amazon/Ebay. Shipping would be ridiculous. I really want to do both tanks correctly from the start, I've invested in new lights and filters, so don't want to have to strip them down, if the plants don't work in the fine gravel.....
Decisions, Decisions:banghead::hide::facepalm::confused::eek:

I am not quite sure if it is that kind of sand, sorry about that. I do know that it is the kind they sell a Petco though. :)

I am not quite sure if it is that kind of sand, sorry about that. I do know that it is the kind they sell a Petco though. :)
Cheers, I wish we had large chain stores over here. At least i'd be able to get decent gear, at a decent price. I guess it's another day/night trawling the net for me!!!!.
I hope you guys over there realize how lucky you are...haha

What do you guys think about Kuhli Loaches? They are pretty cute and cool, but I have seen minimum tank sizes range from 10g to 50g.

Thanks!

In other news, everybody is still doing great, and the valley due to the filter is still there. :lol: I will hopefully be getting something to put in that area fairly soon. I know I need to be careful with some rocks though, as they can mess up the pH.

What do you guys think about Kuhli Loaches? They are pretty cute and cool, but I have seen minimum tank sizes range from 10g to 50g.

Thanks!

In other news, everybody is still doing great, and the valley due to the filter is still there. :lol: I will hopefully be getting something to put in that area fairly soon. I know I need to be careful with some rocks though, as they can mess up the pH.

Kuhlis would be fine in a 20, however since you have other bottom dwellers, I'm not exactly sure. They are very active, so it would be preferable to have them be the only bottom dwellers in the tank. However, pandas are small so you may be able to have a small school :)

How many cories do you already have in the tank? You don't want to overcrowd the bottom level of the tank.

Thanks bud29 and Janis. You both bring up good points! :)

I currently have five Cories in total, three Pandas and two False Julii.

Sorry for always asking so many stocking questions, I am always exploring different options! :)

Quick question this Wednesday evening......

Can plants get hurt if they are against the heater? I ask because we repositioned my heater last night and it seems to be touching some plant(s).

Thank you!

Quick question this Wednesday evening......

Can plants get hurt if they are against the heater? I ask because we repositioned my heater last night and it seems to be touching some plant(s).

Thank you!

Is it a glass heater without a plastic fish guard cover? If so it can affect the plants if they lay against it constantly. Some plants like Ludwigia's aren't usually very happy being close to a heat source. At least this is what I've found. I have heaters that are encased in plastic guards to protect fish/snails/etc., from possible burn.

Back
Top Bottom