redsea's 20g Freshwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting! The plants have indeed grown a lot since the tank was started up, which is fantastic! Maybe I will add some more species one day......

Here are some more pictures. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5543.jpg
    IMG_5543.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5536.jpg
    IMG_5536.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 73
One quick question! After I add my GBR, I should be fully stocked, correct? Thank you!

Here are a few more pictures while I am here! :)

Attachments

• IMG_5532.jpg
    IMG_5532.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5545.jpg
    IMG_5545.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 63
Thanks you very much! I believe that is Cryptocoryone wendtii (spelling?). :)

I just made the video public, thanks for letting me know that it was set as private.

Last edited:
Thanks you very much! I believe that is Cryptocoryone wendtii (spelling?). :)

I just made the video public, thanks for letting me know that it was set as private.

The crypt is sooo green. I guess I am used to seeing the reds or bronze varieties. Plus it is in a thick bunch; i planted mine singly hoping they will fill in eventually.
The video is fab. The photos don't do it justice in terms of how black the black is (substrate/back wall). Really makes everything pop. The guppy looks like it is on fire! I can't remember (actually too lazy to scroll back) is that black Tahitian moon sand?

Now that's more like it...haha. Tank looks amazing mate, great job. That's a hell of a big oto, looks big in the video anyway....
Plant look really well and very healthy. Do you use CO2/liquid carbon/ferts???

Now that's more like it...haha. Tank looks amazing mate, great job. That's a hell of a big oto, looks big in the video anyway....
Plant look really well and very healthy. Do you use CO2/liquid carbon/ferts???

Thanks!

I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone.

The crypt is sooo green. I guess I am used to seeing the reds or bronze varieties. Plus it is in a thick bunch; i planted mine singly hoping they will fill in eventually.
The video is fab. The photos don't do it justice in terms of how black the black is (substrate/back wall). Really makes everything pop. The guppy looks like it is on fire! I can't remember (actually too lazy to scroll back) is that black Tahitian moon sand?

Thank you! The black sand is from Petco. :)

It may be wrong on the plant.....isn't it terrible that I can't remember the name? :lol: It may be Green Horemanii Sword......not sure. :nono:

I forgot to mention that there is also Eco-Complete mixed in with the sand. :)

Still, it looks sooo black and consistent. Almost cannot tell the substrate from the back wall.
I have black EcoComplete but there are flecks of grey, tan, and red in there.

Still, it looks sooo black and consistent. Almost cannot tell the substrate from the back wall.
I have black EcoComplete but there are flecks of grey, tan, and red in there.

Thank you, I really like the look of it. :)

How do I propagate the Bacopa again? All I have to do is cut it, as it is a stem plant, right?

Thanks a lot!

How do I propagate the Bacopa again? All I have to do is cut it, as it is a stem plant, right?

Thanks a lot!

That should apply to most if nor all stem plants. I just did that to Bacopa about a week or so ago and replanted the stems about an inch apart. Within 5-7 days new growth is appearing on the top of the cut stems.

Bacopa is one of the stem plants you can plant a little closer. Plant the stems so the leaves of each stem just barely touch.

Rivercats and Fresh2o, thanks for the information!

Scottyhorse-Thanks, some of them have really taken off!

Back
Top Bottom