Removing a ugf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I can't find a bucket that hasn't been used for chemicals or anything like that. I think I'm going to by one from the hardware store. How many gallons would be good. I have the other tank still but i don't really want to wait any longer. It's the fourth day it has held water.

Is the other tank leaking? A 5 gallon bucket would work fine. Just rinse it before using it. You can also throw an airstone in it for some extra oxygen. Otherwise, just use the other tank. It really doesnt take that long to accomplish everything- you & your fish will be fine!! Just have everything ready to go before you start (sand washed, plants, decor removed etc). :)

It was leaking. So I stripped it of all the silicone. The only thing is a didn't cleaning it with anything. But I would let it sit for a day then scrape all the residue off. I did that like three times. Then used a damp cloth and cleaned it all and dried the heck out of it. Then let it sit for an hour or so and re-sealed it. But everyone says your suppose to use an alcohol (I think) base to clean it.

I cant help you here- no experience resealing a tank! I know theres a bunch of threads about the right way to do this- do a search here & you should find the info you need! :)

So I found out one of our pails of gravel is 20L I believe it's 5 gal? I didn't check though. I could use that or my sister has a little 5 gallon tank that she isn't using. Would that would and put the kribs in a bowl or something?

Yep, 20l is a little over 5g. Dont stress over this! It shouldnt take you more than an hr to do the switch & your fish will be fine! If you need another container for fish, use a big spagehtti-type/lobster of pot. :)

Does it matter if it is metal? I have a dart league tonight so I'm also going to steal my sisters 5 gallon.

Also should I worry about the temperature that much? I was going to put a heater in the bucket but if it should only take an hour, it shouldn't drop that fast.

Honestly, I dont think the metal pot matters for an hr or two. I eat food cooked out of these pots. I have a 5g metal pot I use for lobsters that my fish have spent two+ hrs in at a time during tank rehabs when I lacked any where else to put them (with a bubbler). They werent thrilled about it but they were fine! Just make sure your fish cant jump out. :)

Alright thank you so much. It should be a fun time!

I'm grabbing the camera. No one jumped out either. And my kribs are going crazy picking up sand and spitting it out. I just hope there is enough oxygen in there. I'm sure there is. I have the hob and the inlet from the eheim is making some ripples. I can take a picture with my phone quickly but detail won't be there...

Attachments

• image-3296608400.jpg
    image-3296608400.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 59
Do you know what type of snail is nocturnal and burrows in sand during the day?

Not a trivia question.
It might be but a mts honestly I don't know what it's called... I just remember reading about it in a thread before. Oh wait did you mean mts as in multiple tank syndrome?

That is the snail! Here are some goodish pictures. I'm gonna kill my flash pretty soon though... I hate it so much. If I could only figure out how to turn it off. The sand looks a little dirty.. I don't think I shoul have fed my fish yet. It looks like there are Red flakes inside of it...

Attachments

• image-1100766941.jpg
    image-1100766941.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3519721792.jpg
    image-3519721792.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1877189471.jpg
    image-1877189471.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1735683665.jpg
    image-1735683665.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2922226892.jpg
    image-2922226892.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2021743570.jpg
    image-2021743570.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 53
Also ware parameters are 0, 0, under 5 but there is still some present. My ph is a little bit higher then normal. But as long as it levels back out. That's all that matters... Will check again tomorrow. Hopefully there is only more nitrates!

Back
Top Bottom