Rena XP3 Canister Filtter vs. Marineland Magnum 350 Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishylittlenemo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been kickin around idea to get a canister filter for my tank. And I've been lookin at these 2 canister filters the: Rena XP 3, Marineland Magnum 350 Pro. My friend had the 350 at one time in this hobby and he said it was a nice canister filter. Right now he has the XP 3 and he seems to like that canister filter. My question is which one would probably be the better investment? From your personal experiences with these filters and such which would be better to get? Thanks again...

I don't have the 350, but I have the H.O.T. magnum 250 and I love it. I've also heard good things about Rena cannisters but I have yet to try one. I would say you'd do well with either one.

My XP3 works great. There are many more things you can do with an XP3 media-wise than you can with a Magnum 350. I use a HOT Magnum 250 for polishing water on my tanks and it serves that purpose well, as would the 350 except it isn't as portable as the 250. The XP3 is very quiet too, and easy to prime.

Yeah my friend loves his XP3 and it is wicked quite. The one thing I'm not crazy about the 350 is that you can't have the Micro filter in with the carbon...which blows but he did say that the 350 didn't give him any problems when he had it. I'm slowly going with the XP3 ...but thanks alot for your comments pros..thanks alot.

Back
Top Bottom