Repashy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try a small amount. Bettas prefer floating foods, but mine will pick at stuff on the bottom if he's really hungry. And IME they are pigs, but mine haven't ever killed themselves.

My Betta must not know its a Betta it ignores what floats and goes for what sinks to the bottom first. I think sitting on that Wal-Mart shelf made it a little backwards lol

Does anyone think it may not be safe to give a small square to a tank with a betta in it? I read that bettas are pigs... like goldfish, eat till they die? xD I would like to try this stuff though. Stock would be 10 rili shrimp, 4 snails, and the betta. Maybe if I broke it up into tiny bits... but then would it really be any different then just feeding Hikari betta gold?

I get small pieces and drop in for my bettas and they luv it .. they follow it to the bottom my snails really really luv it to as its the only thing i can get them to eat even fresh veggies they ignore but when drop repashy in my 55g which doesnt have anything but otos , 2 baby crawfish n 2 snails my snails are the first thing on the food and gets 75% of it .. my adult crawfish fight over it to and have heard other people saying their shrimp were like that to.. i think its prolly healthier then the hikari although i use both .. i can say that the color an growth of my fish is better with repashy thn hikari

I got mine from tedsfishroom.com he gives you a trail size one time only if i remember correctly you you can choose how many 2oz bags of different mixes you want. He had it to me very quick and i still havent had to order more although im getting close to needing more of the herbivore food and still have 1/2 a bag of carnivore ..

Also keep track of any algae breakouts please.

I went over to NLS for 3Xs a week feedings and have had horrible algae issues (no, I don't over-feed either)

You're doing something wrong. Lights on too long? Dosing other nutrients? I feed nls spectrum everyday and never have a problem with algae. Only tank with algae are the ones that I want algae in

Just mixed up some Repashy Soilent Green for my mbuna, and I plan on feeding them this evening. Making the gel was pretty painless, and in using a kettle to boil water, there wasn't any obscene fish food stink that people who use the microwave complain about. I got the $12, 4 oz bag and using 1/2 cup of powder, and 1 1/2 cup water yielded me quite a bit of food. I'll have to see how much they'll take in a day to really know how long that much will last me though. I'll post results tomorrow on how everything goes. I'm really hoping my plecos and cats like it because I'm always worried that they aren't eating enough.

Back
Top Bottom