Repashy Superfood:tips/tricks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
My first package of Repashy superfood just arrived. Its the "Community Plus" blend. I haven't opened it yet but the mixing then boiling seems like a pain.

If you use this food, do you like it?
What are the benefits?
Would you buy it again?
What else do you rotate it with?

I plan on using it tomorrow. So I will have something more to say about it then.

:thanks:

My first package of Repashy superfood just arrived. Its the "Community Plus" blend. I haven't opened it yet but the mixing then boiling seems like a pain. The process takes literally 2 minutes to mix and cook, then a short time in the fridge to cool. The mixture can then be used for up to two weeks before it's no longer good.
If you use this food, do you like it? Yes, for smaller community fish it's great.
What are the benefits? Allow for natural grazing rather than the typical daily gorge fest like most feedings. This also allows the use of medication to be added which ingestion is by far the best method of treatment.
Would you buy it again? I use this almost exclusively for fry grow out(Spawn n Grow).
What else do you rotate it with? I feed this to fry then rotate to New Life Spectrum exclusively for juvenile to adult fish, this is extremely messy with large aggressive cichlids

Answers in red. This is what I use for my mold, it's a piece of egg crare light divider. It makes the cubes the same size as frozen bloodworms. I've been pleased enough with the food that I've become a authorized vendor. There are some great videos by Ted Judy on Youtube with regards to different methods for using the foods, here are a couple.

Attachments

• eggcrate_thumb_11280320-500x500.jpg
    eggcrate_thumb_11280320-500x500.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Success! All of my fish and snails went right for it. I put it in an old icecube tray and then just sliced it up.

Do they make a Betta formula and a frog formula?

Success! All of my fish and snails went right for it. I put it in an old icecube tray and then just sliced it up.

Do they make a Betta formula and a frog formula?

I think they just make a meaty and veggie version other than the community formula.

My fish love it! I love that it lasts 6 months in the freezer. I simply shave off what I need. Very happy so far.

I'm looking into breeding Bettas. I did once before in high school but with no success. I'd like to try it again. I will PM you if/when I need more food.

I use repashy and I have zero complaints about it. My fish go nuts for it. Wait I have one complaint... It smells awful while your mixing it.

I'm super smell sensitive and I think it smells bad too. I still will use it though. Prime stinks and I still use that. LOL Maybe the stinkier the better when it comes to fish? I can't be in the house with salmon being cooked either. ick

Hello everyone.... I have had a lot of good feedback about using these feeding discs with Repashy Superfood:

New Repashy Feeding Discs and Packages | Ted's Fishroom

They were intended at first to just be a way to present the food to fish in the upper sections of the tank. It turns out that the discs also extend the longevity of the food in the water. They are also good for creating feeding stations on the bottom. Repashy food is more dense than water, so it sinks, but it is not really heavy and can be pushed around by fish or strong currents. The discs are an anchor.

I use the soilent green for my goldfish, meat pie for my betta and ADFs and community for my omnivore tropicals.

Love it. Supplement with veggies and citrus for the goldies, and frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp for all others.

I do not feed flakes or pellets to te goldies, and have had no floating issues with them since starting the Repashy.

Back
Top Bottom