Replacing/Upgrading Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhunsucker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm moving up to a 75gal tank from my current 55gal. My wife says that the 55gal has to go and the 75gal has to go where the 55gal is. How is the best way to do a total tank transfer? I want to move everything from my 55gal to the 75gal. Thanks for your help.

Just FYI: I will be moving the AC 110/500 filter that is on the 55 now and adding a canister as well as adding another heater.

What I did is put the fish into rubbermaid containers with airstones, took out all the ornaments, plants and substrate. Moved substrate, ornaments and plant. Keep the filters wet and don't do a filter cleaning until a few days after the switch. Put the filters on the new tank, make sure everything is up and running with the water the same temp as the old water and dechlorinator added. Acclimate fish to new tank and there you go.

No chance of convincing the wife to keep the 55 and the 75?

Zagz said:
What I did is put the fish into rubbermaid containers with airstones, took out all the ornaments, plants and substrate. Moved substrate, ornaments and plant. Keep the filters wet and don't do a filter cleaning until a few days after the switch. Put the filters on the new tank, make sure everything is up and running with the water the same temp as the old water and dechlorinator added. Acclimate fish to new tank and there you go.

No chance of convincing the wife to keep the 55 and the 75?
Totally agree, IME has worked wonders. same as transporting fish. Put a blanket around the container the fish are in to keep temp, or put the heater in. I use styrofoam boxes to keep the fish in, or an esky(cooler box)
MTS, you got to keep the 55! Do a poll to convince your wife LOL Might be a little bias in this this forum :)

Back
Top Bottom