Reputable online sites to buy Freshwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mas8394

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Denizens of AquariumAdvice, aid me in my plight! I'm tired of the evil Wizards PetCo and PetSmart for ever selling me fish that don't even last a week! The nearest non-franchised fish store is half an hour away, but the only one I actually trust is nearly 2 hours away! (I'll definitely be making the half hour trek to see the new mysterious store).

Anyways, as the title says, I would like to some stores that you fellows recommend! I use to have a couple personal stores that my uncle personally showed me, but PetCo and PetSmart ran them out of business. :nono::banghead:

I've always had great success with live aquaria, they're a little more expensive but the customer service and 14 day "live arrival" guarantee more than makes up for the extra couple bucks per fish. My last order from la the fish jumped on day 14 and they replaced it no questions asked.

I use aquabid. They are cheaper than live aquaria and have great selection. Look at the reviews to find good breeders.

I have also bought off ebay but with mixed results. One seller sent the snails I ordered regular mail instead of priority in the middle of the summer. All the snails were dead and the bag smelled very bad. Since then I question before I buy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wet spot tropical is also good. They are based in Portland, OR. I haven't ordered from them directly but the family owned LFS I go to does their wholesale through them. Very good quality fish and rarely have any issue with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom