Request for "Celestial pearl danio" profile.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done tons of research on CPD's and could probably sum it all up with a profile but I don't think it would be worthy because I've yet to actually experience them.

I would love to see a profile too. I've done some research, but don't know enough to write one. I'm thinking of getting these for my next tank.

Anyone know where to get ahold of 3-4 of these! ? Beautiful fish looking to add these as my center piece for 8g planted

Anyone know where to get ahold of 3-4 of these! ? Beautiful fish looking to add these as my center piece for 8g planted

I'd do minimum of 6.

I started with 6, but 4 gradually got eaten by crayfish. Up until I took the crayfish out (2 left at this point) none actually showed any colour and were almost transparent. Added another 5 for a total of 7 and I can't believe the difference. Instead of hiding they now swim out to see me at the front of the tank and all have excellent color with bright red fins!

I have 3 in my 10; know it's not the amount recommended but they're thriving anyways.. Cooool cool fish!

Wow miraculously my lfs got in a shipment of these today ! Only the second time this year! Picked up 3

Gave them a metro dip and just put em in. Hope they continue to acclimate well. :)

Sorry to hijack, but can any of you recommend a lighting schedule for my CPD's?
I got a new single ramp timer for Christmas and can't wait to try it out tomorrow! My tank has no live plants, and for lighting I have a 24" BeamsWork LED 400.

Lighting is for YOUR enjoyment of the fish. Fish in general do not care about lights. Lights are important for live plants, but if you don't have any it doesn't matter. So.......... Set it when you are home so you can see them ;) Just watch for algae growth !! That would mean too much light :(

Lighting is for YOUR enjoyment of the fish. Fish in general do not care about lights. Lights are important for live plants, but if you don't have any it doesn't matter. So.......... Set it when you are home so you can see them ;) Just watch for algae growth !! That would mean too much light :(

Ok thanks. I have been seeing some brown algae do I probably have been giving it too much light lately. The wife has a habit of turning it on when she wakes up and turning it off before bed, 15-16hrs a day of light lol

OMG !!! Way to much light. I have an all Live plants tank and lights are only on 7 hours = no algae

We'll I ended up getting 5 more cpds today with my Christmas money. Awesome fish. Mine seem rather small, I know they do not get bigger than 2-3cm. But outside of the tank while acclimating they seemed very small. But when I put them in my cube they look slightly bigger. Anyone know do stores usually sell these fish as adolescents? Is my tank making the small fish look larger?

They will be happier in big numbers ! Happy you got more. Feed them good food, temp of tank 78* , you probably got a couple males/couple females = you will see a "mating dance" eventually. Mine do it when I'm not looking. They "stand" on end ; vertical. Kind of like playing chicken.... They chase and charge each other to see who will win !!! Pretty cool to watch

Back
Top Bottom