Restarting my 75 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crusis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all!

I just moved into a new house, and had to dismantle my tank at the old house and move it. It was a beautiful planted tank with mollies, CO2 injection, excellent lighting, etc. I gave the plants and fish to my Mother-in-Law, and they are all being taken care of.

I'm thinking that since I am setting the tank up all over again, I might as well go for some change. I'm thinking Cichlids. No plants. River Rock for the gravel bed, and I am looking at getting some good shale to build caves. I hear that Cichlids like hard water, so I'm also considering some "Texas Holy Rock" that I found on Ebay.

Any advice for setting up this tank? I have the gravel in the tank now, and it's cycling. I have the Emperor 400 running, but the tank isn't heated or lit right now.

I'd like advice on setup for Cichlids, what species to buy, bio-load, and on setting up the terrain for the fish. Also, is it OK to use algae killer to keep the algae out of the tank? I had a BIT of a problem with string algae in the planted tank, although I always weeded it out and it didn't ever get UGLY, it wouldn't go away either. Personally, I'd like to be able to just kill it now that the tank is unplanted if it comes back.

Oh wise ones, clue me in!

Back
Top Bottom