Restocking...Oscar alternative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohhhhhhhh america is differant! Haha last month the whole west coast lost power so we didnt have school the next day!!! Haha i didnt think much abt my fish tho..

Yea the local high schools were being used for shelters. Kids had no school for a few days. Now that we have power back I want to rebuild my tank but am stumped as to what to get.

I just got rid of my 55 for a 125 I had 2 oscars and they did just fine with Mollies and angles and a ghost knife fish but in the end the got too big for the 55 but none of my little fish got eating except the Molly babies and some Plattys but thy r really small ur 55 can work but just expect to hve a lazy Oscar in the end cz their is not alot of room for him to swim...

Folks, Lydia has asked for help and opinions on restocking her 55 gallon tank. Please stay on topic and refrain from hijacking her thread. Thank you.

I can't help thinking how cool it would be to have an Oscar, although I know I shouldnt get one with my 55 gal.

I got new gravel yesterday. We decided on a finer dark blue gravel. Still don't know what I'm gonna put on there for fish but I'm gonna get it up and cycling for now. I'm still thinking one or two big fish but can't decide what. I like the JD but I don't like that they are very territorial and that they hide alot. I'd hate to have two fish that fight all the time! Any more ideas??

Hey thanks for all your help with this. I am still so stumped as to what to get! Do you know of any colorful fish that get to be like 10" or so?

Back
Top Bottom