Retarted Guppies????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wes910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had to guppies in my 10 gal tank. The first one died and i found it stuck to the filter tube thing that goes in the water and runs up into the filter. Well i just noticed that my other alive guppy just got stuck on the tube to. what can i do to solve this?

get a diifrent filter, or put something over it to prevent that from happening or turn the filter off and get bigger guppys i bought the exact same kit and i have guppy fry they dont get stuck

i kinda have the filter in a plant to prevent that......but my guppy is acting very wierd...hes swiming really funny...i think hes about to croak sad to say

probaly do have any aquarium salt?

if so net him and put him a 1 gallon bucket of something with about 1 teaspoon of aquarium salt (not table salt it will kill the fish for sure) do this 2 times a day

or treat it in the 10 with accordign salt (1 teaspoon to a gallon)

i have a 1 gallon tank...it doesnt have a heater in it and i just put new water and stress coat in it...will it be all right to put him in there...with salt or do i need to let the taknk cycle...

ok hes in there with some salt i hop ehe lives...hes kind just laying and the bottem then all the sudden taking off to the top and swiming a around than falling back to the bottom

they seem healthy i got the to black ones friday and i bought to more today
they are swiming around and staying active...

how long does it take for stress coat to kill the cholrine and nitrite and nitrates?
Stress coat will not eliminate nitrites or nitrates. However, the chlorine should be bound in seconds.
What is the temperature of the small tank? What was the temperature of the larger tank? Sudden changes in temp will stress a fish.

Back
Top Bottom