RIP Stretch :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found my farlowella, Stretch, dead at the bottom of my 29 gallon last night. Let us all observe a moment of silence for Stretch, may he find lots of plants to chew up in the big tank in the sky. :p

Seriously though, I'll miss Stretch, he was one of my favorite fish. Really cool looking, too, and super laid-back. There aren't many species that are so lazy that you can just bare-hand grab them when you need to move the tank. I had him for about 3 years, and he reached a robust 7 inches or so.

RIP, Stretch, you will be missed.

img_804970_0_d5805238bf4338fb23a0c50c2463dffd.jpg

img_804970_1_d6fe675bdbee2fa88edf51472fcc6957.jpg

img_804970_2_fa61408524306473bc3886defcc49e0e.jpg

img_804970_3_32f2bdd4ed41cd452868884431ac9256.jpg

*observes a moment of silence for Stretch*

I'm sorry about your loss! He's a cool looking guy. I have never kept one, but have always been fascinated by their shape. :)

Aw, thanks guys.

May he find all the algae he wants in the big tank in the sky.

I hope so, but in all honesty he seemed to enjoy eating plants rather than algae, lol. You can see holes in the plants in the 3rd pic down.... but I liked him so much I didn't care. Hopefully he will find only the most delectable plants in that big tank in the sky. The dude deserves some variety after all this time.

Thanks, you guys are always so supportive. I really appreciate it.

I'm sad about it, but I know I gave him a good life. He was about 5 inches when I bought him, and grew to over 7 in my care, even through a move. That's the max adult size, as far as I know, so I am telling myself that at least, you know?

I really miss him already, I may have to get another sometime.

And for anyone thinking about keeping this species, I would highly recommend it. If you can deal with some holes in your plants here and there, then go for it! They never hide, and can usually be seen hanging out on the front glass in plain view. They are super peaceful, and will never pay any attention to any other fish. They are not as easy to keep as many plecos, though, so it is best to add them to an established tank. Mine was up for about a year before I added Stretch.

He was gorgeous. I am so sorry for your loss. I can tell you loved him and care very well for him. He was very impressive looking.

Back
Top Bottom