Ripped fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sad to say our betta has ripped his fin,

Was wondering how often I should do partial water changes to reduce his risk of infection and how long it will take to repair itself?

He behaviour is for the most part normal but occasionally when the kids are around during the day he hides in the fake pots we have which is unusual.

Our six year old finds this tragic and is not impressed with me lol our two year old wanders around saying baby boo boo she can't say fish yet :(

Also how will I know if there is an infection?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 77
If you do a 25% WC every couple of day his fin should heal fine. Depending on how big the tear is will determine how long it takes. If you keep the water clean it will heal in no time. BTW, little ones are just too cute with the things they say and do.

My toddlers tank said:
Sad to say our betta has ripped his fin,

Was wondering how often I should do partial water changes to reduce his risk of infection and how long it will take to repair itself?

He behaviour is for the most part normal but occasionally when the kids are around during the day he hides in the fake pots we have which is unusual.

Our six year old finds this tragic and is not impressed with me lol our two year old wanders around saying baby boo boo she can't say fish yet :(

Also how will I know if there is an infection?

Thanks in advance,

If you have good water quality he should be fine with your regular water changes. One of my females some ripped her anal fin from the edge all the to her body, I have no idea how, I didn't do anything different from regular 50%+ water changes & she's about half way grown back, its been 3-4 wks.

Thanks rivercats and shellieca

I am going to try and do them every second night, I turned the temp up a little bit, I saw this somewhere on google not sure whee now new water is ready for the tank and going to do the swap when the babies are in bed :)

He is acting normal still and nothing abnormal around the tear except the tear. That is a relief for now.

Definitely back to his old self... Darting across the back of the tank again to let the filter bubbles push him to the bottom.

When I was changing the water last night I was picking out the leaves that came off my wisteria and he decided to come rest in my hand but I did not see him do this and it scared the bejeepers out of me.

He is definitely curious.

My toddlers tank said:
Definitely back to his old self... Darting across the back of the tank again to let the filter bubbles push him to the bottom.

When I was changing the water last night I was picking out the leaves that came off my wisteria and he decided to come rest in my hand but I did not see him do this and it scared the bejeepers out of me.

He is definitely curious.

LOL, too funny. Glad he's feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom