RO/DI for BW: Preparation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kungpaoshizi

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've been told,
the salt has all the stuff you need for minerals/elements/ph/alk
and
you need to add a reconstitute to the ro/di (kent ro right)
and
Kent Marine Essentials is worthless

Anyone have any input on the above 3 comments?
BW is at 1.011 atm... input=0ppm ro/di water, aragamax substrate.

Thanks, lol, I'm believing more and more for aquarium stuff the internet is just one big misinformative collection of opinions... :)
:band:

I suppose if you don't have full marine, then there would be a certain degree of minerals/elements left out from not having ALL the salt that makes up marine?
If it's like 1.011?

I dunno, I told em I was using Kent Marine Essentials, I have Aragamax substrate, Instant Ocean, I use baking soda for a buffer....
But they still said "OMG you're not reconditioning your RO/DI water?!?!"

Then they suggest a product for FW... :D lol

All I gotta say is I have only seen 1 pic of a green spotted puffer that looks better than my 3.... So I must be doing something right...
And they're not dead... So I think that counts as 'not royally f^%king up'...

/shrug
/bump!

Most salt brands today are formualted to be used with RODI water. Selling supplements is BIG BUSINESS for the mfg and the lfs. JUST SAY NO.

Rule # 4. Don't add anything you don't test for!

A PWC puts back all the trace minerals you need. Some of those supplements were put out when some folks put forth ideas about never having to do a PWC again. Those ideas IMO are quite outdated. There is no substiture for a regularly scheduled PWC. Do that and forget all the expensive supplements.

Back
Top Bottom