RO Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ESeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all. I'm in the process of building my fish room. In the process I'm trying to figure out if I should continue using my municipal water supply or if I should tap into our well that supplys our outside hoses. My municipal supply has a ph of 7.4, gh of 60 ppm and kh 40 ppm. My well has a ph of 7.2, gh of 250 ppm and kh of 40 ppm. So I'm trying to figure out which is more cost effective. I would pay for the water and sewage (our sewer bill is based on our water bill), the well water is free but too hard for the fish that I keep/plan to keep (angelfish currently/ discus eventually). If I use the well, if be putting an RO unit in the room and mixing in some well water to get it roughly where my municipal supply is.

So after that long story here's the questions. What is the annual cost of using an RO system, including replacement cartridges? Also, what are the best models for the money?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't really answer those (different country) but is your well water otherwise of good quality would be my thought.

You can get an RO unit that will provide 60 to 100 gallons a day for about $200. New filters will cost maybe $100 a year but it depends on how much the unit is used

Sent from my iPod touch
using Aquarium Advice
Rlederer

Where the tds at? Those values are totally within reason. Tds would be the deciding factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom