Room for More?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaCan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a well established 30 gallon community tank
7 harlequin rasboras, 1 baby spotted brown Hypostomus, 2 algae eaters, 2 neons, 1 bala

I dont think its much of a problem but i would liek others advice on this would it be okay to add 5 cory cats into the tank
ive really taken a fancy to these guys/gals awesome fish!
and maybe a few more neons to make the two feel more like a group (like they should)

You should be OK, as long as you are willing to upgrade the tank if needed, the pleco you have can reach 10", the bala can reach about 12-15 in captivity, but if they are small now, and you are willing to go bigger, then yes the cories would be fine. (balas really need bigger tanks once over 5", 4' gives them some room to run, if they get over 9", then 6' would be my recommendation (mine can clear the distance of 4' very quickly and they are only tops 3")

yes i know balas get too big for the tank, I purchased him before i knew much about it, he/she is only about 2 inches, i do plan to call around in the spring time to any fish stores to see if they will take him/her
as for the pleco i love gettin baby plecos then raise them up, ive done it a few times with common plecos and return them for some decent store credit :)
thanks for your reply

Hey, Just noticed you're in Ontario too, What store takes them back and gives credit? i went to a BA in Toronto and they said a 10" Red Sailfin was worth 20$, (and they had a 4" one in thier tank marked for 30$ :? )

yeah it was BA's that took it back too, I mean it wasnt a whole lot 30$ for two common plecos 6 inches each but it beats nothing and theres not many other places round here that will take them and give you something for it.... that i have come across anyways i think they give you 15-20% of what it is worth

thanks menagerie, i agree :D

Back
Top Bottom