Rope fish issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knapper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, my rope fish keeps swimming up into the filter is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Lol most HOB filters have end caps with holes so that water and not fish get sucked up. 1. buy an end cap. 2. do u have plenty of hiding spots for it. 3. if not put more in.

I got one of the end caps he's got several places to hide I just got rid of some of the water I think he may be going up where the water comes out.

Here's what I do and people who breed shrimp and fish do.
You can either buy an aquarium sponge (I've used the smallest aquaclear filter sponge) and cut a whole in it so that it fits snugly over the intake tube covering any openings.
Or they sell a pre filter at petsmart by fluval that does the exact same thing only it's pre cut, round, and black so it's a little more "stylish"

Alright ill look in to it. I was going to find a net type and tape it to the filter opening. Its his temp home untilled I can get my 60 gal fixed back up

The pre filter is only like $1.25 (usd) and if u do that use a rubberband, not tape. It won't stick when wet and the glue could be bad for the fish.

ok i see what u r saying now! yes do the net thing. i used to have a platy that would jump into my filter so i know how frustrating it its. Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom