Rope fish tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great. And are the earthworms good for their diet? If so that's awesome I like on a lake and I can just go out and find some, wash them off and feed them to him.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Earthworms are fine but you'll want to buy them from someone that cultivates them. Wild ones can absorb poisons through their skin, carry diseases and parasites the same way tubifex worms do with whirling disease.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Earthworms are fine but you'll want to buy them from someone that cultivates them. Wild ones can absorb poisons through their skin, carry diseases and parasites the same way tubifex worms do with whirling disease.

Ohh thanks for the warning. So I couldn't use nightcrawlers from a LFS?

EDIT: by LFS I actually mean a fishing store not an aquarium store.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Sweet. By the way love the sig Chandler. I'm allergic to seafood yet have 3 fish tanks. ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Haha thanks. Btw I hate the taste of fish, though I love fishing and I have 3 fishtanks too. 150reef,10/15planted

Fish?are?friends?not?food

Ohh thanks for the warning. So I couldn't use nightcrawlers from a LFS?

EDIT: by LFS I actually mean a fishing store not an aquarium store.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'd assume they are buying from a place that raises and sells worms, not out digging up their own.

What about a Senegal Bichir? They are sold at LFS close to my house

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I myself have 5 rope fish. Ive had them for quite some time and they are by far my favorite fish. Here is a profile which will give you quite a few helpful tips: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f29/ropefish-erpetoichthys-calabaricus-321805.html

As far as tankmates. Ive had mine with Angels, rainbows, german blue rams, african butterflies, siameses algea eaters, skirt tetras, mollies, etc. Ropefish are actually peaceful, but like most fish, they will eat something if its small enough to fit in their mouth. I do not recommend ciclids or any other semi aggressive fish, the ropefish is easily picked on.

Often times when a new ropefish arrives, they dont seem to want to eat. Get some small worms from your LFS, and if they only have larger worms you can cut them up. You can also feed small crickets from the LFS.

If you have any questions or concerns, you are more than welcome to message me. I absolutely LOVE rope fish.

What about a Senegal Bichir? They are sold at LFS close to my house

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The ropefish really should have more of its own kind. Yeah they're a little pricey if you're ordering online but I wouldn't get another fish like it, such as the bichir, before getting at least two more ropes.

The ropefish really should have more of its own kind. Yeah they're a little pricey if you're ordering online but I wouldn't get another fish like it, such as the bichir, before getting at least two more ropes.

Okay thanks

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Like I said get him a snuggle buddy they like the company of there own species

Fish?are?friends?not?food

Back
Top Bottom