Ropefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gossett8

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! Does anybody out there know anything about ropefish? I've search the web all day and I can't seem to find out exactly what to feed them or how to take care of them. Please help me, I'm desperate!!

One thing I do know about them is they are one of, if not the, best escape artists in the world of FW fish. I have had them to escape from a tank with only an opening that I didn't think a fire ant could pass through. You gotta have a tightly sealed top or your guy is living on borrowed time....trust me. As far as food...mix it up between frozen bloodworms, guppy feeders, ghost shrimp, and other bulkier meaty foods. Provide them with a hiding place and they usually won't try so hard to find an escape route. They don't usually pick on things that are too large for them to eat. They do spend a lot of time stationary on the bottom so don't house them with aggressive fish or they will be a constant target. From my experience a nuetral pH as well as other water parameters typical to a tropical community are sufficient for making them happy. Did I mention you need a tightly sealed top? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom