ropefish/ reedfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw some ropefish at my LFS the other day and fell in love with them. They look like like little Chinese dragons to me :p Anyway, I've been looking for information about them online, and I can't find very much, basically that they need a large tank, can escape, are picky eaters, and like grouping together. So does anybody have any experience with these? I'd like to get a few, but since they're labeled for the "experienced" keeper I'm afraid of getting them. I only really have experience with simple fish. I'm saving up for a 75 gal to go in the living room, and as of right now I only have a 20gal tall, which I've read is too small for them. Can anyone give me information on how fast they grow? And I've gotten mixed info on their max. size. from various websites, any help?

i was looking for them too. .. it's quite rare to find one here in Indonesia. . ..as long as I'm concerned, they're not much different from bichirs, right ??? bichirs are not too picky though.. .they're great predators .. .always fun to see them hunt during the nights. ..
a 75gal should sufficient for 1, I guess. . .

Back
Top Bottom